Get creative with your week night dinner with this this sweet, sticky and spicy – Honey Cajun Chicken Thighs. It’s juicy, tender, supper yummy and full of flavor. Definitely an easy dinner for the family; best part, you can toss the leftover in salad for lunch the next day. Shred it and use it as filling for fajita, burrito, or tacos the another night.
Easily double the recipe for a picnic. Wondering if you can substitute the chicken thigh with another type of chicken, like say chicken breast or drumstick? Personally, I would say no, chicken thighs are very meaty which helps it hold the flavor better. A better substitute would be chicken leg.
Honey Cajun Chicken Thighs
- 4.5 lbs chicken thighs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup running honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tsp pepper flakes
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chicken seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 375 °F
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, honey, lemon juice, paprika, thyme, pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, and chicken seasoning salt. Remove ¼ cup and put aside for glaze.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken and seasoning mix, toss until well coated. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer.
- Place the chicken, skin side down, put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, flip it over and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until cooked through, brush with glaze the last 5 minutes
- Serve the chicken by itself, over rice or with salad
Linking up with Organizing Junkie