Nothing says summer like a Frozen Watermelon Mocktail. So whether you’re lounging by the pool or on the beach, this refreshing drink will help you cool off in that hot summer heat.
National Watermelon Day isn’t for a few months but with summer on the horizon, people’s favorite thirst quencher had to make a debut. To be honest, I am not a fan of watermelon. I can count on one hand the amount of time, I have had watermelon which makes me an anomaly.
My husband, on the other hand, loves watermelon, so I buy it quite often.
Although this recipe used, fresh watermelon, you can probably use frozen ones and still come up with a pretty good drink.
It’s fairly easy to put together.
Make a batch for a family picnic or get-together with friends.
Frozen Watermelon Mocktail
- 2 (1½ thick) watermelon slices or 5 cups frozen watermelon
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate - thawed
- ¾ cup water
- Coarse sugar, for garnish
- Line wheels, for garnish
- Cut up watermelon into cubes. Remove seeds and place on a cookie sheet. Cover and freeze for 45 minutes.
- Use a lime wedge to run around the rim of each serving glass. Immediately dip the rims into a plate of coarse sugar to coat evenly. Chill the coated glasses for 15 minutes.
- Place the frozen watermelon cubes in a blender. Add the lime concentrate and water and blend for 10-12 seconds or until a slushy consistency is achieved.
- Pour into your chilled glasses and garnish with a lime wheel.
Frozen Watermelon Mocktail – Fresh watermelon, frozen limeade, and sugar come together to make a simple, refreshing and vibrant summer drink!
pin it for later