I am a simple no fuss gal, however I love entertaining and spending time with my family, which is one of life’s ingredients that keeps me happy. With a busy life, entertaining can be a daunting task but with this easy Chicken and Cheese Crostini recipe, entertaining family and friends is a breeze. Chicken and Cheese Crostini is one of my favorite Hors d’oeuvre. We enjoy this recipe so much that I sometimes make it for dinner.
It’s very filling and its a healthy option. I used Alpine Lace® Swiss Cheese which is reduced fat, and they are perfect for snacking on the go or adding delicious flavor to your favorite sandwich.It’s made with high-quality ingredients, and it provides a good source of protein and calcium.
The Alpine Lace Swiss Deli Cheese is available in prepackaged slices, or at the deli counter where they can freshly slice it for you. I got the prepackaged slices at Stop and Shop. However, they also have it at any Walmart with a Deli or, if you are located in the North East, then you can get it at ShopRite, Stop & Shop, Acme, A&P, BJ’s and many other grocery stores. You might want to call ahead to make sure the store carries the product though.
Chicken and Cheese Crostini is a great appetizer that can also substitute as lunch, so you can make it for the kids to take to school. It will help fuel their busy day, by providing the energy and deliciousness they need.
Chicken and Cheese Crostini: Alpine Lace® Swiss Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Yellow onion, Diced
- 2 cups of chopped cooked chicken
- 4 Campari tomatoes, diced
- 6 slices Alpine Lace® Swiss Cheese , halved
- 1 long French Baquette
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add oil an onions
- Saute for a few minutes until onions are soft and translucent
- Add Chicken and cook until hot stirring occasionally
- Add the tomatoes and seasoning, and simmer until the liquid is reduced
- Remove from stove and allow to cool
- Cut the baquette diagonally into half-inch slices
- Brush bread pieces with olive oil and place on a baking sheet
- Put it in the preheated oven and bake for 4 minutes
- Remove from oven when bread is lightly toasted
- Put 2 tablespoon of the chicken mixture onto each toasted bread slice and top with half slice of Alpine Lace® Swiss Cheese
- Bake Crostini until cheese is well melted and golden.
- Serve hot, warm, or room temperature.
Disclosure: This Chicken and Cheese Crostini recipe is sponsored by Alpine Lace® however all thoughts and opinions are my own.